December 10, 2014 by luzzara
It might be a that I’m bit tired, it might be the fact that I love my city and it might be the fact that I don’t see Edmonton as just one thing but it frustrates me when people rag on the Edmonton slogan “City of Champions”
A person who fights or argues for a cause or on behalf of someone else.
Support the cause of; defend.
A person who has defeated or surpassed all rivals in a competition, especially in sports.
I have always felt I know a lot of Champions, people who fight for a cause, a belief, their values – their truth. The freedom we have in Edmonton is unlike other cities in Canada let a lone in the world.
- Taking an idea to a new level is Championing.
- Helping those in need is being a Champion.
- Improving your city is being a Champion.
- Supporting local business is Championing.
- Loving a team when they win or lose is being a Champion.
- Being an industry leader in health, science and technology is being a Champion.
Edmonton is filled with Champions.
My name is Sarah and I live in The City of Champions!